Long Island Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry Annual Scholarship Award
Long Island Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry is pleased to provide a unique scholarship opportunity to single mothers wishing to attain college and graduate level degrees. The cost of higher education in the United States has been rising steadily, as has the number of single-mother headed households.
We believe that single mothers require financial assistance as they complete their education and begin their careers. As such, we have created an annual scholarship program designed to help them. Please review the following eligibility requirements.
View winners of our past winners here.
Who is Eligible?
This scholarship is available to single mothers enrolled in:
- High school with plans to attend a US College.
- A US Junior College program with plans to earn a 4-year degree.
- 4- year US accredited college
- Graduate school
Scholarship Award: $500
The scholarship in the amount of $500.00 will be awarded to one student. Funds intended to be used toward academic tuition, books, and housing.
Applicants must submit their materials via email by December 31st (annual).
Applicants for the scholarship will write a 1000 + word essay on the following topics:
- How will earning your degree influence your family’s future?
- What challenges to your education has motherhood presented?
- How has being a mother prepared you to face those challenges?
Additional Requirements All applications must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must provide their full name and all current contact information including mailing address, email address, and phone number.
- Essays must be at least 1000 words in length.
- Only emailed applications in Word or PDF will be considered.
- Applicants must complete and sign the attached PDF application. Download PDF file here.
- Proof of attendance or acceptance in any of the learning institutions outlined above.
- Copy of official transcript to prove applicant has maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA from the school that applicant currently attends or most recently attended.
- Proof that the applicant is a single mother.
- Email all applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocky Point Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry will choose the winner based on the strength of her essay and fulfillment of all requirements outlined here. Scholarship funds will be distributed to the winner within 30 days of the deadline.
By submitting an application, candidates agree to allow Rocky Point Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry to make personal contact by phone and/or email; to confirm academic status with schools; to post essays up for consideration on the practice’s websites and social media platforms.
Please submit any questions to: email@example.com