Lumineers® in Long Island
LI Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry is proud to offer Lumineers® in our Rocky Point office, conveniently located in Central Suffolk County, New York.
“You’re never fully dressed without a smile,” said American writer Martin Charnin. For some people, a smile is a natural gift. Yet, for others, a flawed smile can feel like a curse. The trepidation of invasive drilling and tooth-yanking is enough to keep many patients from calling the dentist, no matter how unhappy they are.
But fear not: unsightly discoloration, chips, and confidence-zapping gaps are not a life sentence. Dr. Nick and Dr. Elliott are pleased to offer painless and pleasant Lumineers® dental veneers to their Long Island, New York patients. We’re among 13,000 dentists in the country who offer this great product. These natural-looking, long-lasting, Cerinate porcelain veneers are the secret behind many celebrities’ perfect smiles.
Who make good candidates for Lumineers®?
Lumineers® are recommended for:
- Brightening stained and discolored teeth (permanently)
- Restoring chipped, cracked teeth
- Eliminating spacing and gaps to shape the smile
- Aligning crooked teeth without braces
- Reshaping small or misshapen teeth
- Renewing old bridges, crowns and veneers
Lumineers® are ideal for anyone needing minor cosmetic adjustments – to change color, fix a small chip, or repair small, misshapen teeth. If you need a more extreme makeover or have a rather wide gap between teeth, traditional porcelain veneers may be more suitable. Dr. Nick and Dr. Elliot can help you make the right decision in a private, complimentary consultation.
Compared to traditional dental veneers, Lumineers:
- Are as thin as a contact lens
- Do not require grinding or drilling of the teeth
- Do not require shots or anesthesia for pain
- Can be done quickly — in just 2 sessions
- Are long-lasting, clinically proven to last 20 years, compared to 5-10 years for certain types of porcelain veneers
Both kinds of veneers:
- Cover only the visible portions of the teeth
- Straighten and whiten the teeth
- Conceal stains, discolored fillings, and prevent future stains
- Give you a smile you can be truly proud of!
Advantages of Lumineers® over alternatives
Lumineers® look and feel natural. You’ll be able to eat your favorite chewy, crunchy, and sticky foods, without worry. Just care for them as you would your normal teeth and visit the dentist every six months for your regular checkups. Plus, they are backed by warranty that guarantees replacement under certain circumstances. Most patients choose Lumineers because they offer a non-invasive, painless way to fix many common tooth problems without drilling or down-time.
Easy placement and recovery
Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick place Lumineers® in just two visits. On your first visit, the Suffolk County dentists create an exact mold of your upper and lower teeth. Then the right shade will be selected. That’s it! There are no temporaries necessary. After this quick visit, the mold is sent off to the DenMat Lab, where custom Lumineers are created.
The Lumineers® will be placed – without pain or anesthesia – on the second visit within a couple of weeks. The veneers are fitted and bonded in place, one by one. Dr. Nick and Dr. Elliott make sure your bite is balanced and natural to avoid premature wear-and-tear. This visit only takes about an hour. You can go right back to work or regularly scheduled activities, as if you’d just had a routine tooth cleaning!
The fact that there is no recovery necessary is one reason why Lumineers® are such a popular option.
After receiving Lumineers® , Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick offer the following advice:
- Continue to brush and floss daily to remove bacteria and food particles.
- Keep visiting the dentist every six months for regular cleaning and stain removal.
- If possible, avoid repeated consumption of coffee, tea, and dark fruit juice, which may dull the surfaces in time.
- Quit smoking to keep your veneers as white as they day you got them.
- Avoid biting into ice, fingernails, pens, popcorn kernels, and other extremely hard objects that may cause cracks.
Lumineers® are extremely durable and resistant to staining, but you still want to use common sense and care for them as you would your regular teeth.
- Over 20 years, 94% of the restorations were “clinically successful.”
- Only 10 out of 167 veneers needed replacement.
- All veneers showed very minimal color change over time, with “good” or “excellent” results for over 80%.
- No adverse effects on gum tissues were reported.
One patient who got Lumineers over 20 years ago said, “I just can’t help smiling every time I catch a peek at myself!”
Another patient remarked, “It took less than a week to change my life.”
Affordable Lumineers® available in Rocky Point, New York
The cost of Lumineers® is dependent on a number of factors, including difficulty, size, geography, and other variables. Though insurance does not always cover the cost of cosmetic dentistry, we can review financing options in our office. Other options for payment at our office include: the Citi Health Card, SpringStone Patient Financing, and Flexible Medical Spending Account income.
Why Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry?
Long Island Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry is a one-stop-shop for same day dental implants, painless Lumineers and a variety of other popular services. We’ve won numerous awards and honors for our work and are members in good standing with the American Dental Association, New York State Dental Association, American Academy of Implant Dentistry, and International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Past patients describe us as “warm,” “personable,” “nice,” “compassionate,” and “professional.” Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick go the extra mile to ensure you are as comfortable, calm, and happy with your results as possible! Call (631) 850-3145 to set up a consultation in our Suffolk County, New York office.