The quest for a whiter and brighter smile is easier than ever with today’s effective and affordable teeth whitening systems, including Sinsational Smiles® and other in-office whitening treatments.
Whitening/Sinsational Smiles® available in Suffolk County, New York
Long Island cosmetic dentists, Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick, are happy to answer any questions, discuss your aesthetic goals and determine the teeth whitening treatment that would best suit your particular needs, and deliver optimal results. A transcendent smile gives the impression of health, vitality and happiness, and the team at Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry can give you a dazzling “movie star” smile that can brighten your teeth in under an hour. Teeth whitening is the least invasive and simplest method to create a brilliant smile, which according to a survey by the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, is an important social asset both in the workplace and at home.
Causes of tooth discoloration
The outermost layer of tooth enamel is gradually worn away as we age, lessening the gleam of our pearly whites over time. Other normal causes of teeth discoloration that can be corrected with whitening treatments include:
Nicotine stains caused by smoking
- Beverages such as coffee, tea, soda and wine
- Acidic foods like citrus that wear away the enamel
- Prescription medications like tetracycline
- Genetics, as some people are predisposed to yellowish or gray teeth
- Poor oral hygiene
Teeth that are severely stained from childhood exposure to antibiotics or excessive fluoride may not benefit from professional whitening procedures. In these cases, dental veneers may be more appropriate. Patients who have a history of gum disease, very sensitive teeth, or other medical concerns are encouraged to speak with Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick about Sinsational Smiles® whitening to see if they are good candidates for this teeth whitening option.
Various teeth whitening procedures
Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick offer various methods of teeth whitening treatments here at our Suffolk County dental office, both of which deliver superior results. At-home and in-office treatments use a special gel comprised of hydrogen peroxide that breaks down stubborn stains, revealing whiter, more luminous teeth without compromising their integrity. The primary difference between the two is the bleaching gel’s concentration and how long it remains on the teeth.
After a thorough examination to check for cavities, which must be filled prior to the treatment, patients are ready for the quick, safe and painless whitening process. During your evaluation, we will also make note of existing veneers and crowns – restorations that do not respond to laser or chemically-activated whitening agents.
- In-office teeth whitening: Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry is pleased to offer Sinsational Smiles®, a chemically activated bleaching treatment that takes less than one hour. The gel is applied using a protective tray, activated chemically and enhanced with light therapy. You then follow up with a take home whitening gel to continue the whitening process at no additional charge!
- At-home teeth whitening: Some patients prefer the convenience of a take-home teeth whitening kit. Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick create custom trays using impressions of your teeth. Depending on the extent of your tooth discoloration, stronger or milder concentrations will be prescribed in mint, regular or melon flavors. A mere 30 minutes a day will yield tremendous brightening results, and the trays are generally worn for up to 10 days until optimum whiteness is achieved.
Teeth whitening offers long lasting results
Following any tooth whitening procedure, the best way to preserve your results is with good oral hygiene. Brushing your teeth after drinking wine, coffee or other staining beverages can help maintain a bright smile for years to come. Depending on your dietary habits and lifestyle, you may benefit from a repeat treatment in one to three years. Keep in mind that tooth whitening does not lighten porcelain veneers, crowns or other restorative dental materials. Special whitening toothpastes may also keep staining and future tooth discoloration at a minimum, and regular dental cleanings will maintain the beauty of your new, radiant smile.
Affordable teeth whitening in Suffolk County, New York
The cost of Sinsational Smiles®. Rest assured that flexible payment options are available at Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry, where Drs. Elliot and Nick strive to make cosmetic dentistry an affordable and pleasant experience. For a free price consultation, we invite you to call our office.
Long Island cosmetic dentists you can trust
This popular treatment is just one of the many ways Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick can make your smile the one you’ve always dreamed about. If you’re ready for a quick smile makeover under the care of highly-skilled dental professionals, please call Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry at (631) 246-4992 to arrange an appointment.
If you have additional questions about teeth whitening or other cosmetic dental procedures in Suffolk County, New York, please contact us today via phone, email or our online form.