Restore Your Smile with CEREC Crowns in One Office Visit
Like many medical specialties, the field of dentistry has become increasingly advanced, offering cutting-edge treatments and procedures. CEREC crowns are just one example of such groundbreaking dental technology that gives patients durable metal free restorations in just one office visit.
Suffolk County cosmetic dentists Dr. Elliot and Dr. Nick are proud to offer in-house CEREC technology, a customized dental restoration that’s placed over a damaged tooth to restore its appearance, shape and strength. Dozens of clinical studies have demonstrated the efficacy, durability and aesthetic benefits of CEREC crowns compared to traditional restorations, making CEREC the future of cosmetic dentistry. If you’re wondering what CEREC means, it’s actually an acronym:
- Chairside: the crowns are a chairside treatment
- Economical: very cost-effective for the patient
- Restorations: restores your tooth’s appearance and strength
- of Esthetic: crowns are metal-free and tooth-enamel colored
- Ceramic: durable ceramics are used
Enhance your smile in one office visit with CEREC crowns
Using CEREC technology, we are able to create durable, customized tooth-colored restorations right here in our office, with zero discomfort and no waiting time. CEREC inlays and onlays are often used when old fillings need to be redone, but are too extensive for a traditional white filling. Using the CEREC system, we are able to remove the old filling and fill in any decay or fissures with custom pieces of porcelain, rather than shaving down healthy tooth structure.
Utilizing CEREC’s “Computer-assisted design-Computer-assisted manufacture” or “CAD-CAM” 3D technology, the customized porcelain crown is milled while you wait, eliminating the need for a temporary crown and follow-up appointment. This saves you time, money and the hassle of multiple dental visits.
Patients can rest assured that their CEREC crown will fit perfectly and look natural, as it is computer-generated based on numerous digital impressions. Unlike traditional crowns, CEREC restorations are totally metal-free, which enables X-rays to scan the tooth and catch the beginnings of decay or new cavities in the early stages.
Advantages of CEREC crowns
CEREC technology has been in use for over a decade, offering patients beautiful and long-lasting restorations in less than an hour!
When compared to traditional metal crowns, CEREC restorations have distinct advantages:
- No need for lengthy fitting sessions or temporary crowns
- CEREC crowns are tooth-colored and more aesthetically pleasing
- CEREC porcelain is stronger and more durable than white fillings
- While CEREC technology is more expensive upfront, it is more cost-effective in the long run as there are no extra lab fees or secondary office visits
- CEREC patients have higher satisfaction rates (98.8%, reports a study in the International Journal of Computerized Dentistry)
CEREC crowns in Long Island
If you’re concerned about the cost of CEREC crowns, Long Island Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry provides flexible payment plans and attractive financing options that feature zero interest and low monthly installments. You can also take advantage of our discounts and internet specials on a variety of restorative and cosmetic dental treatments.
For more information about CEREC technology, please call or stop by our Rocky Point, NY office to schedule your free consultation.
- SDcerec.com, Dental Technology of the Future http://www.sdcerec.com/patients/technology
- CEREC, Before and After, http://www.sdcerec.com/gallery/patients