Dr. Nick and Dr. Elliot perform all dental implant procedures conveniently in their Rocky Point office, centrally located for residents throughout Western, Central, and Eastern Suffolk County.
Single tooth implants by leading LI cosmetic dentists
Single tooth implants are an effective and permanent solution for people who are missing individual teeth. Dental implants are actually much stronger than your natural teeth, and will last up to 20 years. At Long Island Implant and Cosmetic Dentistry, Dr. Nick and Dr. Elliott offer several same day dental implant procedures in their private office, helping patients regain a confident and winning smile.
Single tooth dental implants
A dental implant is an artificial prosthesis used to replace a missing tooth in the lower or upper jaw. Most single dental implants are made of surgical grade titanium – a biocompatible metal that can fuse with the bone – that, once implanted in the jawbone, serves as the new anchor for the replacement tooth, or crown.
While dental implants may be more costly than other kinds of tooth restoration or replacement, their benefits are numerous. Patients who have lost a single tooth or several teeth due to sports injuries or periodontal disease may be excellent candidates for this type of cosmetic dentistry.
Advantages of implants for tooth replacement
Dental implants are often advantageous over partial dentures or bridges, making them a smart tooth replacement option for patients of all ages.
Some of the key benefits of dental implants include:
- More comfortable and secure than dentures
- They are permanent, as they fuse with your bone
- Dental implants will never shift or move out of place
- Look and feel more like your natural teeth
- Easier to clean compared to bridges
- Help maintain jawbone integrity
- Less invasive than a tooth-fixed bridge
- Help prevent bone deterioration associated with missing teeth
- Preserves adjacent teeth
- Single tooth dental implants will never decay