Health & Beauty Resolutions for 2016
January kicks off a new year and yet another opportunity to accomplish those health and beauty resolutions you’ve been contemplating. In an era dominated by social media and the pressure to look your best at all times, we may be tempted to take short cuts when it comes to realizing those goals. It’s no secret that the demand for instant results has permeated every aspect of our lives. From same-day delivery services and entertainment on demand to apps that eliminate waiting lines in restaurants and movies, we have become an exceedingly impatient society. Instant gratification is intensely satisfying, but “quick-fix” methods rarely have lasting results when it comes to our overall health and wellbeing.
Make 2016 your best year yet by incorporating a few simple lifestyle changes that promise to have you turning heads and feeling great. Offered by Invisalign, these tips are a great way to jumpstart a new and improved you.
Health & beauty tips for 2016
In the realm of beauty and health, consider the long-term advantages of these easy tips:
- Healthier, more radiant skin– A deep exfoliation at home or a spa offers the promise of glowing, refreshed skin unburdened by the rough appearance of dead cells. Take skin rejuvenation to the next level by hydrating daily with at least eight 12 oz. glasses of water. Proper hydration not only improves the look and elasticity of your skin, it helps reduce the appearance of fine lines.
- Lustrous hair – Make those locks extra shiny with a hydrating mask infused with avocado, Argan oil or even mayonnaise. This quick-fix for dull hair is a sure-fire way to provide instant gloss and moisture. To address those damaged roots more effectively, add more lean protein to your weekly meals, which fortifies with important minerals that resist breakage.
- Youthful lips – Products made with coconut and shea butter help moisturize dry and cracked lips during harsh winter and summer weather. When the sun heats up, use lip balm made with sunscreen for ultimate protection. An SPF of 30 or higher will keep your kisser soft and youthful.
- Stronger nails – Nothing brightens up a girl’s day more than a pampering mani – pedi. Get stronger and healthier nails that don’t break as easily by eating foods packed with Biotin like eggs, salmon, trout and peanuts.
- A beautiful smile – At-home and professional teeth whitening treatments deliver luminous results in just under one hour, as deep stains are lifted from the enamel. Those who suffer from crooked, gapped or misaligned teeth can correct these issues with Invisalign clear plastic aligners, which gradually straighten teeth over a period of months. Besides the obvious aesthetic benefits of Invisalign over metal braces, the trays can be removed during meals, making daily oral hygiene a snap!
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), straightening your teeth can have a significant positive impact on your overall dental health — yet another reason to fix that smile sooner rather than later!
Cosmetic dentistry in Suffolk County
If you’re interested in having a more confident smile and would like to learn more about Invisalign or other cosmetic dentistry treatments in Suffolk County, we invite you to contact Long Island Implant & Cosmetic Dentistry today. You can request a consultation with Dr. Elliott or Dr. Nick by calling our Rocky Point office at 631-296-0549.